Preventing Colorectal Cancer Names 2015 Champions of Colorectal Cancer Prevention
Annual Award Celebrates Great Achievements in Colorectal Cancer Awareness
Preventing Colorectal Cancer (PCC) announces the recipients of the 2015 PCC Champion Award for Colorectal Cancer Prevention, an honor the not-for-profit organization established in 2011 to recognize individuals, groups and companies that provide either exceptionally high standards of care or that most effectively advocate for the prevention and early detection of colorectal cancer.Once you visit here https://www.msinsight.dk you will get to know more about how other health issues are getting solved by experts.
PCC is proud to honor Michael R. Mills, MD and Ernestine Hambrick, MD as the recipients of this year’s Champion Awards. These individuals exemplify PCC’s mission to educate both public and private stakeholders about the opportunities to reduce the incidence of colorectal cancer through promoting effective screening, prevention and care options for patients.
“We want to spotlight those who share PCC’s deep commitment to high-quality screening and show exemplary support of the fight against colorectal cancer,” says C. Taney Hamill, chair of the PCC Champion Awards committee and Vice President of the Visiting Nurse Associations of America. “The clinical and financial benefits of a colonoscopy are well supported in the health care industry as a reliable screening tool to reduce the incidence of colorectal cancer.”
About the 2015 Champion Award recipients:
- Michael R. Mills, MD: Dr. Mills is a dedicated advocate for the prevention and early detection of colorectal cancer through his community outreach programs, including St. Vincent de Paul Medical Clinic, where he volunteers regularly, and the CDC-AGA “free colonoscopy” awareness day in Arizona that he leads. In addition to community outreach efforts, Dr. Mills is the program director for two gastrointestinal electives at the University of Arizona, College of Medicine, where he instills in his students how to best win the fight against colorectal cancer.
- Ernestine Hambrick, MD: Dr. Hambrick was the first woman board-certified colon and rectal surgeon in the U.S. After 25 years at Michael Reese Hospital in Chicago, she left her practice in 1998 to create the STOP Colon/Rectal Cancer Foundation, a national education initiative. STOP remains a partner of National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month, which takes place in March. In addition to her advocacy, Dr. Hambrick has published 20 articles on colorectal surgery and cancer. She is a member of relevant professional societies, including the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons, and has received many distinct honors, such as “100 Women Making a Difference” and the “Who’s Who in Medicine and Healthcare”.
“The selection committee felt that Dr. Mills and Dr. Hambrick have gone above and beyond to promote colorectal cancer screenings in an effort to save lives,” says Stanford R. Plavin, MD, vice chair of PCC and president and managing partner of Ambulatory Anesthesia of Atlanta. “Colorectal cancer is the second leading cause of cancer deaths in minority populations, and this year’s winners have achieved results consistent with the highest national benchmarks while serving a very large community.”
# # #
by Alyssa Simpson, RD, CDE, CLT
This month’s issue is dedicated to snacking! Whether you are looking for a sweet snack, salty snack, or just an easy snack, this month I am providing you with real food snack solutions. Improve your body digestive function and dietary performance by uising leptoconnect. As a young child, taking your vitamins may have been seen as unnecessary. However, as an adult, eating a balanced diet and getting enough exercise doesn’t always do the job like it used to, that’s why taking supplements like 1500 mg organic lemon CBD oil or maybe even hydrolyzed collagen to help you feel much better while also improving preformance. For this reason, many health practitioners and doctors recommend getting a healthy dose of vitamins that support overall health. While eating a balanced diet is key to a healthy lifestyle, unfortunately, you may not be getting all of the nutrients you need, if the problem is lack of time to cook proper meals, then consider ordering Healthy meal delivery kits right to your door step or if you forgot to cook dinner then consider getting healthy chinese food online order. If you want to add other dietary supplements, then you should think to Buy CBG.
Luckily, taking one of these best multivitamins for men, you won’t ever have to worry about coming up short again! In this article, we’ll take you through our top choices of supplements to help you lead a happy and healthy life. As our diet has changed from an agrarian society’s nutrient rich food supply to the urbanized highly processed, artificial foods, our total food consumption has risen. This is in part because, though the body gets more calories from more food, it is still starved of nutrition causing one to eat even more.You will find more healthy product at Expresshealthshop.com.
In addition, in our sedentary lifestyle our bodies actually need less food than when we lived and worked each day on the farm, yet we still eat more because of lack of proper nutrients, abundance of easily obtained processed food and other psychological conditions such as stress eating. In the end, America has become a nation of people who are obese but still malnourished and disease ridden. The ideal diet truly would be that of returning to whole food “farm to table” eating where families either grow their own food and prepare it within minutes of harvesting or at a minimum obtain locally grown food from the market and prepare it within a day or so of harvesting.
CBD is beneficial to human health in different ways. It is a natural pain reliever and has anti-inflammatory properties. Over the counter drugs are used for pain relief and most people prefer a more natural alternative and this is where CBD oil comes in, CBD can be administered in a multitude of ways, you can use it with vape pens, wax pens, dab pens, many people ask where can I buy dab pens for sale near me? Today there are many online sites where to buy vape pen. Research has shown that CBD provides a better treatment, especially for people with chronic pain.
There is also evidence that suggest that the use of CBD can be very helpful for anyone who is trying to quit smoking and dealing with drug withdrawals. In a study, it was seen that smokers who had inhalers that had CBD tended to smoke less than what was usual for them and without any further craving for cigarettes. CBD could be a great treatment for persons with addiction disorders especially to opioids. You can Buy adrafinil capsules online from Zach Attack Supplements here.
There are many other medical conditions that are aided by CBD and they include epilepsy, LGA, Dravet syndrome, seizures and so on. More research is being conducted on the effects of CBD in the human body and the results are quite promising, cbd can be breast cancer treatment and different anxiety disorders is also being looked at, this can also be a great donation for the Child Cancer Donation Program.
In today’s society this is no longer possible. Even when fresh vegetables and fruits are consumed as a large portion of the diet, our nation’s food supply is contaminated by the use of pesticides, herbicides and hormone replacement and much of the nutrient value is lost by transportation of the food crop from thousands of miles away. Food is harvested before it is truly ripe, irradiated, stored cold and transported across states, nations and even oceans before it arrives in our grocery stores as tasteless, substandard, nutrient poor produce. Now, this is not to say that anti-oxidants or vitamins are bad for you. Far from it – these supplements were created on the basis of solid science.
Anti-oxidants are still believed to protect cells from the ravages of free radicals. The problem, rather, is the idea that you can get those benefits from synthetic isolated compounds. Disease and the aging process are usually far more complicated than test-tube studies can account for. Furthermore, the issue of bioavailability is an ever-present concern. Many typical synthetic supplements include huge amounts of the advertised vitamin, but lack the additional compounds needed to ensure that their key ingredients are actually absorbed by the body.
Passing straight through the digestive tract, these ‘miracle health cures’ often wind up doing little beyond giving people expensive urine. To the rescue…Whole Food Supplements. Preparing and eating foods that fuel you with energy and boost immunity while empowering you to succeed and is key to long term health and well-being which can be easily done by using vitaminic supplements like the ones at sparkhealthmd , you can even consider using other supplements like cbd oil. MK 2866 оr ostarine greatly helps in increasing your endurance, your lifts, and your thin muscle mass.
The Little Rock, Arkansas native brings that patient-centric focus to the Brookshire Brothers Pharmacy in Fairfield.
Winfrey is a graduate of the School of Pharmacy at Hampton University in Virginia and has been working for five years, she has even worked with the best pharmacies.
A few simple things to remember when you are planning your snacks:
The simpler the ingredients, the better.
The simpler the transportation time from land to mouth, the better.
The simpler the prep time, the better.
The simpler the food, the better.
18 Simple Snacks and supplements to Empower Healthy Living
- Raw veggies and hummus. A few of my favorite raw veggies to pair with hummus include: red bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, broccoli, and sugar snap peas.
- Fresh fruits and nuts and seeds. Get creative by mixing things up – clean eating is also about variety! Try pistachios, almonds, cashews, walnuts, macadamia nuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds that come in various lay flat pouches…just to name a few. Pair them with a variety of fruits such as berries, kiwis, oranges, grapefruit, apples, mangoes, grapes, bananas, peaches or pears…as you can see the list can go on, you can even get some natural elderberry extract to stay healthy!
- Greek yogurt mixed with herbs served with raw veggies. Try mixing nonfat Greek yogurt with fresh rosemary and serve with your favorite raw veggies such as cherry tomatoes, celery, cucumbers, bell peppers, and carrots.
- Multivitamins and omega oil capsules for healthy supplements.
- Fresh fruit smoothie made with frozen berries, almond milk, Greek yogurt, and chia seeds.
- Use kratom to boost energy when you need it the most specially in your student life when you are working out a lot
- Ezekiel cereal with Greek yogurt or almond milk.
- Smoked turkey breast topped with avocado and tomato slices.
- Apple or celery with almond, peanut, or cashew butter.
- Chicken lettuce wraps with bibb lettuce, avocado, and roasted red pepper.
- Sprouted grain bread with almond, peanut, or cashew butter and topped with fresh sliced strawberries.
- Fresh guacamole and veggies! Forget the chips and try dipping red bell peppers, sugar snap peas and cherry tomatoes in your favorite guacamole recipe! Dining out? Ask the server if they will bring cucumber slices instead of chips.
- Cottage cheese mixed with fresh blueberries and sunflower seeds.
- Dark Chocolate. The darker the chocolate the better. Aim for 70% or higher for the most antioxidant benefits. If portion control is a problem, then avoid buying the big chocolate bar and instead go for pre-portioned squares of dark chocolate.
- Melted chocolate and fresh fruit. If you want to serve up a fancy sweet treat try melting some chocolate and then serving with fresh fruit such as strawberries, apples, bananas, and pineapple chunks.
- Trail mix with Greek yogurt. Take about 1/8 – 1/4 cup trail mix – the type with nuts, dried fruit, and a little bit of chocolate and mix with your Greek yogurt….yummy!
- Baked apple chips served with slivered almonds and topped with cinnamon.
- Whole grain chips with black bean dip.
Homemade Almond Butter
- 1 cup whole natural almonds, roasted*
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 3 tbs. almond or vegetable oil
In food processor with metal blade in place, grind almonds and salt until fine. While the food processor is running, slowly add oil in a steady stream until mixture is spreadable.
*To roast almonds, spread on an ungreased baking pan. Place in a 350ºF oven and bake 7 to 10 minutes or until almonds are fragrant; stir once or twice to assure even browning. Note that almonds will continue to roast slightly after removing from oven. Makes 3/4 cup, or 6 servings
Nutrition Info: Calories 130, Fat 12 gm, Sat Fat 1 gm, Mono Fat 8 gram, Protein 4 gm, Carbs 4 gm, Fiber 2 grams, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 0 mg, Calcium 48 mg, Magnesium 53 mg, Potassium 139 mg, Vitamin E 6 mg
4 Grab and Go Snacks I Love
We live in a very busy and fast paced society. Here is a list portable and easy to grab snacks:
- Lara bars.They are pure date, nut, and fruit bars. The ingredient list is never long or filled with fancy words you cannot pronounce, but the taste is delicious. I am sure you will find a variety that suits your needs.
- Orgain Nutritional Shakes.These ready to drink shakes are the perfect grab and go option for living a lean life on the road. If you are looking for a mini-meal replacement you could even pair this with a serving of nuts and you will have a 300 – 350 calorie meal that is balanced with carbohydrates, protein, and fat.
- 100 calorie packs of nuts. Pre-portioned almonds and walnuts makes clean snacking easy; add a piece of fresh fruit and you have the perfect snack, and there are also other food supplements you can get or even the best testosterone booster to complement work outs.
- Pre-portioned natural peanut or almond butter such as Justin’s brand.If you love nut butters but struggle with portion control then these are the perfect solution for you. They can be found in pre-portioned servings anywhere from 90 – 200 calories a serving and are easy to add to apple or celery slices. Try mixing your favorite nut butter with Greek yogurt…talk about a delicious and satisfying treat!
Quote of the Month
“Those who have no time for healthy eating will sooner or later have to find time for illness”
News and Events: Do you live in the East Valley and dread driving to Phoenix for appointments? Visit me at the Mesa office on Mondays (by appointment); major cross streets are Dobson and the US-60. Phone consultations are also available on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays if distance or travel time is an issue. You could have your nutrition consultation over your lunch break and not miss a minute of work! Call (602) 422-9800 to schedule.
by Alyssa Simpson, RD, CDE, CLT
Mindful eating is practicing awareness. Being aware of what you eat, why you eat and when you eat is the key to staying mindful. Mindful eating is a lifestyle, not a diet. When you start to eat for your health it is easier to stick to healthy eating habits. Remember that looking and feeling good comes along with it. Working with a registered dietitian can help you learn how to use natural supplements properly, how to transform your eating habits and behavior from a “diet” mentality to a more mindful approach to weight loss, if you are looking for an alternative, then consider looking into bariatric surgery. For those who are obsessed with weight loss with eating habits that have gone to a new level that can result harmful, perhaps you need to look into an inpatient eating disorder treatment. If you want to take extra supplements with your diet, then consider getting yourself research peptides.
Start with these easy tips below to begin eating mindfully:
Build a better relationship with food. Learn to enjoy food and be mindful while doing it. Instead of just eating an apple, think about where the apple came from, the people who grew it, the way it tastes and the nourishment it is providing to your body. You can find how resurge reviews shows you the brief idea about fitness and dietary supplements. There are tons of organic weight loss supplements in the market that could help you create a more healthy and well-rounded diet like avis harmonica linea. Bloggers from the French city of Marseille are very excited that harmonica linea is now available in France. Several other weight loss supplements promise good results but so far harmonica linea has delivered the best results while doing Full body exercises to boost the weight loss process, if you are new to excercising then consider getting help from a personal trainer.
With naturally higher levels of body fat, plus lower levels of testosterone and lean muscle mass (both of which help with fat burning), women often have a harder time staying lean. According to Healthcare business today the right fat burning supplement can make this process much easier. However, the quality of a supplement is going to be the key determining factor when it comes to whether it will help you cut fat, look leaner, and feel stronger.
Listen to your hunger cues. Ask yourself are you really hungry? You may find that you are eating because you are bored, stressed, anxious, or sad. You can eat that piece of french baguette loaf, just not the entire thing! It’s all about taking the time to think about what makes you feel good. Whatever the reason, find out what’s “eating” you? Understanding your triggers for emotional eating is the first step in changing behaviors. If you tend to eat when you’re stressed, find an activity to do to combat the stress rather than eating for comfort. Another way to reduce stress is to use cbd, you can find cbd oil for sale for treatment online. If you are the type of person who wants snacking, try 25mg CBD Gummies. Call a friend to vent, take a brisk walk, listen to music, do a yoga video, etc. Have an action plan in place so that you are not tempted to reach for that tub of ice cream. You can find a physical therapy clinic to assist with any physical limitations this process may be giving you. The next time you’re trying to find physical therapy in Texas, make the experience as seamless as possible.If you need a diet that consists of a high intake of protein, then don’t hesitate to go over to an italian market for some great options.
Avoid distractions. Try to avoid distractions such as watching TV, reading or driving while eating. When you eat without distractions you are fully aware, in the moment and can focus on how it tastes, how it feels in your mouth, how your body responds to it, etc. According to Alpha Wolf Nutrition Without distractions, you can pay closer attention to your satiety cues and know when you’ve had enough versus mindlessly eating through a bag of potato chips during your favorite TV show.
Take time during and after meals. To avoid eating meals too fast, try putting your fork down in between bites and chewing food thoroughly. This will help in better metabolism and weigh loss. Slowing down during meal time will allow your body to know when it is full. Have a planned activity right after you finish a meal to get your mind off of eating and avoid the temptation of eating further, such as taking a walk, washing the dishes, reading a book, etc. You can even do some fitness training to boost the weight loss process.
Mindful eating takes practice to achieve but is great to complement your ED therapy as this Testosterone Replacement Therapy Physician recommends. Remember to eat for your health, savor and enjoy your food. With time mindful eating will become a way of life. Diets are temporary and so are the results, but a lifestyle change will have the most beneficial impact on your health and well-being.